- When TDS is deducted by an office of the Government and tax is paid without production of an income-tax challan
On the same day on which tax is deducted.
- When TDS is deducted by an office of the Government and tax deposited is accompanied by income-tax challan
On or before 7 days from the end of the month in which tax is deducted.
- When TDS is deducted by a person (other than an office of the Government) and Assessing Officer has permitted quarterly deposit of tax deducted u/s 192, 194A, 194D and 194H.
|Quarter||Last Date for Filing Return|
|1st April to 30th June||7th July|
|1st July to 30th September||7th October|
|1st October to 31st December||7th January|
|1st January to 31st March||30th April|
All corporate assessee and other assessee who are subject to compulsory audit under section 44AB will have to make electronic payment of TDS.
TDS is paid by Challan No./ITNS 281.
Interest on delay in deposit of TDS to the Government
- When TDS is not deducted
Interest at the rate of 1% per month or part thereof, for the period from the date on which TDS is deductible/collectible to the date on which TDS/TCS is actually deducted/collected.
- When TDS is deducted but not paid
Interest at the rate of 1.5% per month or part thereof, for the period from the date on which TDS is actually deducted/collected to the date on which such TDS/TCS is actually paid.
- Above interest shall be paid before furnishing the periodical statement.