If you have forgotten your e-Filing login password and you are unsuccessful! with the other options of resetting password, then you can use the new facility to get direct access to your Income Tax Department e-Filing account using the net-banking facility of our bank.
The detailed steps are as follows –
• Taxpayer should be a registered user of Income Tax e-Filing Portal.
• Taxpayer should have already submitted the PAN details to the Bank. PAN is required to identify the taxpayer’s e-Filing account with the Income Tax Department.
• Taxpayer have to first go to the Internet/ Net I Online Banking website of the Bank which has already registered for this facility with the Department.
• Taxpayer after logging into his Net Banking account should select ” Income Tax e-Filing login” tab/menu item
• Taxpayer should Select the account number and enter the PAN for verification and click Submit
• Taxpayer should Accept the Rules and Regulations details
• Taxpayer should confirm that he may be redirected to his Income Tax Department e-Filing account – home page.
• Taxpayer can now reset the password and also avail of all services provided by the e-Filing Website of Income Tax Department, including, filing Income Tax Return.
Advantages of using this new facility
• Taxpayer gets direct access to his e-Filing account even if he has forgotten his password.
• Taxpayer gets a secure and safe way to login into his e-Filing account.
• Taxpayer can safeguard his e-Filing account by selecting/opting for “Password Resetting” only by using Digital Signature Certificate or through this new facility of direct login from his net banking account, thereby preventing others from unauthorized access to his account.
Remember: This facility is a safe and secure method for direct login to your Income Tax department e-Filing account only and is available ONLY through your Bank website after you have logged in and not through any other organization or entity or website.
Note: Your net-banking User ID or password is NOT shared by the bank to the Department.
The list of banks through which this facility can be used is given here – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/ResetPassword/netBankingInst.html